What Can Be Done to Achieve Higher Self-Esteem Among Employees
All companies wish to achieve higher self-esteem among employees, as it benefits everybody in the workplace. By simply encouraging it, you will see that all workers will then take that much more pride in their tasks, which leads to a reduction of calling in sick, and being generally that more productive. Content employees, means happier employees, and the management will not lose out on costs due to inefficiency and time being lost. By all accounts, the improvement in employee self-esteem can be carried out quite simply and easily.
Most of us humans like to feel somewhat appreciated, you can improve employee self-esteem by displaying your appreciation in simple ways, such as rewarding an employee by telling him or her, “great job, well done,” or, “that’s some great work.” It is an error on the part of an employer to only converse with their workers if there are any kind of difficulties.
A Happy Expression, Goes a Long Way!
- Another great way to show recognition and improve self-esteem is by simply being friendly and showing interest in your employees. A warm beam of a smile and a genuine inquiry as to how they are, will then help to motivate employees. Just simply being aware of people’s names and letting them personalise their work surroundings vitally assists in inspiring employees who want to do better.
- By encouraging business intelligence tools via social interaction amongst workers and the fast resolution of any problems, you will definitely boost employee self-esteem and workplace productivity.
- Giving social events such as office picnics and various games will develop a sense of friendship amongst all workers. This sort of social interaction definitely influences better cooperation and enthusiasm about entering work every day. On the other hand, isolation, will create depression and a lack of motivation.
Rewards and Motivation
- One more method of helping to improve employee self-esteem is by offering reward incentives. A well done job should be rewarded with something such as a gift card or a cash bonus. The reward can come as a pleasant surprise to the workers who have earned it, who will then in turn go on to work just as well
- Therapy research has shown that the surroundings of a place of work can directly affect the motivation level and feeling of well-being for all employees in that area. If possible, simply by providing comfortable and attractive furnishings is an easy method that researchers have recommended to assist in motivating workers. Things such as lighting, flowers, plants and impressive artwork have all been shown to help improve moods and therefore self-esteem.
Making Perfect Common Sense
- It’s true that providing a pleasant atmosphere will not entirely always be possible, for instance, in the case of factories or repair shops, but these sorts of environments can then provide a great looking break area which will help to improve self-esteem.
Simply put, if you wish to improve productivity in the workplace, you must be prepared to make positive changes for greater harmony between employees and employers.